Aims of Sutton House curriculum:
- To prepare SHA students for further education and future employment, giving them ‘Cultural Capital’
- For all students to be entered for GCSE English Language and Mathematics
- For all students to be able to take at least 5 Level 1/2 qualifications by the end on Year 11
- To develop social skills and team building skills.
SHA Primary Curriculum (2019/2020)
Our primary curriculum supports pupils to develop a sense of self to become receptive learners in a nurturing environment, developing Social Skills, Motor Skills and Team building with our students
Primary students are also taught: English, Phonics, Mathematics, Science, Art, PE, Humanities (themed Topics) and PSHE.
We develop students’ reading and Literacy skills throughout the SHA Primary curriculum, through discreet Literacy and Numeracy lessons as well through themed topics (Space, Seaside, Mini beasts, Fantasy, People who help us, Africa).
SHA Key Stage 3 and 4 Curriculum
We aim to provide our pupils with the essential knowledge that they need to be educated citizens, gaining ‘Cultural Capital’. Our curriculum is designed to:
- Promote success
- Develop the self
- Develop social independent skills
- Promote a growth mind-set
- Teach topics through thematic learning
2019/2020 timetabled KS3/4 subjects: English, Mathematics, Humanities, Princes Trust, PSHE, PE, Food Technology and NCFE Sports Science.
The curriculum is designed to maximise opportunities to achieve qualifications and prepare our pupils for their post 16 education, training or employment.
Curriculum Review 2018/19 (DRAFT) - Download
Curriculum Outline 2019/2020 - Download
Should you wish to discuss anything related to the curriculum or find out more please email firstname.lastname@example.org